Re: [Xen-devel] libxenvchan license (lGPLv2.1) and xen/include/public/COPYING license?

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] libxenvchan license (lGPLv2.1)
and xen/include/public/COPYING license?"):
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 05:36:23PM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > I picked the list of people on this email from the git log on
> > tools/misc/libvchan/
> > (albeit this is about xen/include/public/io/libxenvchan.h).
> >
> > The problem is that the 'COPYING' file in the root directory of Xen source
> > says:
> > Also it is in FreeBSD (source tree): ./sys/xen/interface/io/libxenvchan.h
> >
> > That looks to be an oversigh. The commit that introduced the file is:
> > commit 1a16a3351ff2f2cf9f0cc0a27c89a0652eb8dfb4
> > Author: Daniel De Graaf <dgdegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Date:   Thu Oct 6 19:44:40 2011 +0100
> >
> >     libvchan: interdomain communications library
> >
> > As such I was wondering if the folks who wrote/checked the file in
> > could weight in on what their intention was in regards to this file?

ISTM that at the very least the libxenvchan.h file should indeed be
covered by the permissive ("BSD-style") licence.

If we intend for this library to be used in the BSDs (much like
in-kernel frontends) then the whole library should have a permissive
licence.

I did
  git-log --pretty='format:%an <%ae>' xen/include/public/io/libxenvchan.h
tools/libvchan | sort -u
on stating, and got this output:

  Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Daniel De Graaf <dgdegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  David Scott <dave.scott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
  Jason Andryuk <andryuk@xxxxxxxx>
  Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
  Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Marek Marczykowski-Górecki <marmarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Matthew Daley <mattjd@xxxxxxxxx>
  Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>
  Roger Pau Monne <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx>

I guess the Citrix staff ought to have a common view.  Lars, do we
need to consult with management or shall we just give our consent to
libvchan being permissively-licensed ?