Re: [Xen-devel] Frequent reports about Xen unstable hanging on ARM boots

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 06:37:43PM +0000, Julien Grall wrote:
> (CC Chen for the omap port)
>
> Hi Lars,
>
> On 15/03/16 10:56, Lars Kurth wrote:
> >Folks,
> >
> >I just noticed a cluster of issues related to Xen unstable hanging on
> >various ARM boards. See
> >*
> >http://xenproject.org/help/questions-and-answers/dra7-j6-evm-xen-booting-issue.html
>
> Xen seems to be stuck just after bringing up the secondary CPU. This would
> require further debug to find where Xen is stuck.
>
> I don't have the board but I'm happy to give advice on which part to focus.
>
> >* http://xenproject.org/help/questions-and-answers/problem-with-dom0.html
> >* http://xenproject.org/help/questions-and-answers/running-xen-on-omap5.html
>
> "(XEN) Freed 280kB init memory" is the last message printed by Xen before
> DOM0 is booting.
>
> At this stage, the problem is usually specific to the board. I've looked at
> the wiki page, it is recommended to use upstream but doesn't provide a
> version which is known to work. Chen, do you remember which version of Linux
> is supposed to work on this board?

Upstream kernel should work for OMAP5 since the wiki has been wrote.

I can't remember the exact upstream linux version which started to fully support
my OMAP5 uEVM board. Just check my old source tree, where v3.11 is the version I
worked on for the last time.

Cheers,

Baozi.