Re: [Xen-devel] Frequent reports about Xen unstable hanging on ARM boots

(CC Chen for the omap port)

Hi Lars,

On 15/03/16 10:56, Lars Kurth wrote:
Folks,

I just noticed a cluster of issues related to Xen unstable hanging on various
ARM boards. See
*
http://xenproject.org/help/questions-and-answers/dra7-j6-evm-xen-booting-issue.html

Xen seems to be stuck just after bringing up the secondary CPU. This would require further debug to find where Xen is stuck.

I don't have the board but I'm happy to give advice on which part to focus.

* http://xenproject.org/help/questions-and-answers/problem-with-dom0.html
* http://xenproject.org/help/questions-and-answers/running-xen-on-omap5.html

"(XEN) Freed 280kB init memory" is the last message printed by Xen before DOM0 is booting.

At this stage, the problem is usually specific to the board. I've looked at the wiki page, it is recommended to use upstream but doesn't provide a version which is known to work. Chen, do you remember which version of Linux is supposed to work on this board?

Regards,

--
Julien Grall