Re: [Xen-devel] HVMlite ABI specification DRAFT B + implementation outline

On 02/09/2016 06:58 AM, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
El 9/2/16 a les 11:56, Andrew Cooper ha escrit:
On 08/02/16 19:03, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:

Description of physical hardware devices will always come from ACPI, in the
absence of any physical hardware device no ACPI tables will be provided. The
presence of ACPI tables can be detected by finding the RSDP, just like on
bare metal.
As we are extending the base structure, why not have an RSDP paddr in it
as well?  This avoids the need to scan RAM, and also serves as an
indication of "No ACPI".
Right, this seems fine to me. I can send a patch later to expand the
structure unless anyone else complains.

Isn't scanning memory the standard procedure for finding RSDP? Even if we provide the address, guests will still search the memory (or is it just Linux that does that?)

-boris