Re: [Xen-devel] HVMlite ABI specification DRAFT A

>>> On 04.02.16 at 19:22, <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/02/16 17:48, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
>>  - HVMlite hardware domain: can we get rid of the PHYSDEV ops and PIRQ
>>    event channels?
>>  - HVMlite PCI-passthrough: can we get rid of pciback/pcifront?
>
> +1000, for both.

I'm a little lost here: However nice that would be, how do you
envision this to work? For the first one, as pointed out before,
there are physdevops which the hardware domain needs to
issue to assist Xen (as a result of parsing and executing AML).
And for the second one, something needs to translate virtual
guest PCI topology to host physical one as well as mediate
config space accesses.

>>  * `eflags`: bit 17 (VM) must be cleared. Bit 9 (IF) must be cleared.
>>    Bit 8 (TF) must be cleared. Other bits are all unspecified.
>
> I would also specify that the direction flag shall be clear, to prevent
> all kernels needing to `cld` on entry.

In which case IOPL and AC state should perhaps also be nailed down?
Possibly even all of the control ones (leaving only the status flags
unspecified)?

Jan