Re: [Xen-devel] Clarifying PVH mode requirements

On 02/04/2016 05:01 PM, PGNet Dev wrote:
On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Boris Ostrovsky
    Current PVH implementation has never been described as
    production-ready. What is happening now with HVMlite is
    essentially bringing PVH to production-quality level.

So should I s/PVH/HVMlite/g?

 From user perspective that will be almost true. I am not sure it should
be classified as PV mode anymore since it's really an HVM guest without
any devices. But it's not there yet so it's too early to point your
editor there.

BTW, I don't think the flowchart in the wiki is correct as far as PVH is
concerned --- you can't use PVH unless HVM (and, in fact, PVHVM) is
supported.

Noting the very recent flurry of HVMLite activity, so where does PVH sit?

As it's not production-ready (and, atm, unusable here), is it planned to be?

Not the current implementation.

Or is it being simply leap-frogged by HVMLite?

I don't know about "leap-frogged", I think you might say PVH evolved into HVMlite?

-boris