Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 released

Tiejun,

On 15/10/2015 08:32, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Wei and Ian,
>>
>> Could we merge these following commits into xen-4.6.1?
>
>Please don't hijack other threads for backport requests, and please
>see ./MAINTAINERS of the respective branch for who to send such
>to.

I wanted to explain why hijacking threads is bad practice. In this
example, you would normally start a new mail along the lines of "Please
backport XYZ to ABC" and if somebody needed to check why a specific bug
fix was back ported in for example 2 yeaqrs, such a mail will be easier to
find. Also of course there is the risk that the right people won't read
your mail if you hijack a thread.

Regards
Lars