Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 released

>>> On 15.10.15 at 02:59, <tiejun.chen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wei and Ian,
>
> Could we merge these following commits into xen-4.6.1?

Please don't hijack other threads for backport requests, and please
see ./MAINTAINERS of the respective branch for who to send such
to.

> commit 83215fba3a80c30b5191a4a1086dc510cca43069
>
>      libxl: introduce libxl__is_igd_vga_passthru
>
> commit 488508b49a65dda20cf6eb6d8f549e8d758e610f
>
>      libxl: introduce gfx_passthru_kind
>
> Currently they're already in staging branch.
>
> I know we're going to sync qemu-upstream into qemu-xen in xen 4.7 to
> support IGD passthrough with qemu-xen. But actually only these two
> commits can make sure xen-4.6.x work out IGD passthrough with
> qemu-upstream, instead of qemu-xen. I mean we can set something like this,
>
> device_model_version="qemu-xen"
> device_model_override="/<path to qemu-upstream>/qemu-system-i386"

All of this sounds more like a feature than a bug fix, which normally
we wouldn't put into stable releases. Occasionally we make
exceptions in x.y.1 releases, but I don't see this justified here so
far.

Jan