Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to use EFI firmware in Xen ARM guest after 41f8901

On 2 October 2015 at 14:43, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-10-02 at 14:18 +0200, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
>> Is there any reasonable upper bound to the domU PA space
>>  other than what is communicated in the ID registers?
>
> You mean the PASize bits/register? In which case that is it as far as the
> guest should be is concerned, yes.

OK.

As discussed on IRC (#xenarm), the rationale of this approach is that
Xen's stage2 attributes will ultimately override device mappings, so
1:1 mapping the whole address space cacheable is actually a reasonable
thing to do. And in fact, 4 KB of translation tables for each 512 GB
of address space is probably not such a big deal after all. So I am
inclined to leave things are they are if the proposed patch works.

--
Ard.