Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to use EFI firmware in Xen ARM guest after 41f8901

On 1 October 2015 at 17:58, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We tried today to use the UEFI binary provided by Linaro for Xen [1] and
> noticed the guest doesn't boot anymore.

Thanks for reporting. My LAVA job appears to have been offline for a
while because the Xen mustang dom0 kernel has disappeared.

> My bisector fingered the commit 41f890164bc201f69841309c6b55e24c64121960
> "ArmPkg/Mmu: Fix literal number left shift bug".

Do you mean reverting just this patch fixes it for you?

> I've tried to use the DEBUG firmware but didn't get any output at all.
>
> The guest has been created with 512MB in one memory bank
> (0x40000000-0x60000000). The binary are loaded at:
>    UEFI firmware: 0x40080000
>    DTB: 0x48000000
>
> Does anyone have any insight what could go wrong?

I will investigate. The change itself seems obviously correct (but
don't they always :-))

--
Ard.