Re: [Xen-devel] [OSSTest Nested v12 01/21] Optimize and re-format previous code of 'submenu' parsing

Robert has passed me a v13 of this series (via an emailed `git
bundle'!) which I am now working on.  I'm currently polishing an
initial subset for a push to osstest pretest today.  In that context:

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [OSSTest Nested v12 01/21] Optimize and re-format
previous code of 'submenu' parsing"):
> On Thu, 2015-09-10 at 17:16 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > These changes are all good.
> >
> > But            }
> >
> > >              if (m/^\s*submenu\s+[\'\"](.*)[\'\"].*\{\s*$/) {
> > > -                $submenu={ StartLine =>$., MenuEntryPath => join
> > ">", @offsets };
> > > +                $submenu= { StartLine =>$. };
> >
> > This drops the setting of MenuEntryPath from $submenu.  This isn't
> > mentioned in the commit message, and (without looking at the code to
> > double-check) I'm not sure that it's right.
>
> >From memory MenuEntryPath is unused, but I left it there because when
> debugging it was very convenient to use Data::Dumper to dump $submenu
> and/or $entry at each iteration and in that case having that
> information to hand can be useful.
>
> I suppose one could argue that when debugging you can add this field
> back, but personally I'd prefer to just leave it as it's harmless.

I have dropped this hunk.