Re: [Xen-devel] Design doc of adding ACPI support for arm64 on Xen

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 09:03:06PM +0800, Shannon Zhao wrote:

> >This comment raised one question. What happen if the hardware has MMIO
> >region not described in the ACPI?
> >
> This sounds weird. If a device is described in ACPI table, it will not
> describe the MMIO region which the driver will use? Does this situation
> exist?
>
> If the hardware has mmio region not described in the ACPI, how does the
> driver know the region and use it?

On the x86 world we would query the PCI configuration registers and read
the device BAR registers. Those would contain the MMIO regions the
device uses.

But x86 is funny and you do say 'many .. ARM .. have non-PCI buses' - which
would imply you have not hit this yet.

Are PCI devices interrogated differently on ARM? No configuration registers?