Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: [v3 14/15] Update Posted-Interrupts Descriptor during vCPU scheduling

On Fri, 2015-07-17 at 07:46 +0000, Wu, Feng wrote:
> Hi Dario,

Hi,

> I finished the new patch with arch hooks, but seems something is wrong,
> after assigning the NIC to guest, I ping some guy from the guest, the
> latency is too big.

Ok. What numbers are we talking about, just to have an idea.

> So far I've not found the reason after debugging the code
> for some time.

Yeah, well, I can imagine it's a bit tricky.

> I post the path here to see if you can find any obvious logic
> errors in it. Or could you have a look at it to double check whether this
> patch
> exactly does the same thing as
> [v3 14/15] Update Posted-Interrupts Descriptor during vCPU scheduling,
> which works well.

A will certainly have a look, and I'll try to compare it with the
previous one.

However, I guess you are testing the new version of the series, where
more things than just this changed, or are you actually comparing
branches, the only difference between which is the use of the new or the
old patch?

Also, I don't have any PI enabled hardware handy so, please, keep
looking and debugging yourself, as you're in a better position than me,
as I can only do code inspection.

I'll let you know what I find.

Regards,
Dario