Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: [v3 14/15] Update Posted-Interrupts Descriptor during vCPU scheduling

>>> On 10.07.15 at 07:59, <feng.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you agree with doing all this in a central place, maybe we can create
> an arch hook for 'struct scheduler' to do this and call it in all the places
> vcpu_runstate_change() gets called. What is your opinion about this?

Doing this in a central place is certainly the right approach, but
adding an arch hook that needs to be called everywhere
vcpu_runstate_change() wouldn't serve that purpose. Instead
we'd need to replace all current vcpu_runstate_change() calls
with calls to a new function calling both this and the to be added
arch hook.

But please wait for George's / Dario's feedback, because they
seem to be even less convinced than me about your model of
tying the updates to runstate changes.

Jan