Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 Development Update (2 WEEKS TO FREEZE, important information in preamble)

On Thu, 2015-07-02 at 11:51 +0300, Razvan Cojocaru wrote:
> On 07/02/2015 11:35 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > It seems that many people are unable to follow these simple
> > instructions.
>
> The quotes part is obvious (and not that many people have ommited to do
> that), but to be honest I haven't been clear on who is supposed to be in
> the trimmed CC list: the maintainers of the code I'm touching with my
> series and Wei?

Exactly.

It's the 'interested parties' that should be Cc-ed, which, 99% of the
times, is exactly what you just said:
 - the maintainers because, well, they are the maintainers, they know
   the code, they most likely know your series and will be able to
   engage in a conversation on whether the estimation is correct or not;
 - the release manager, since we're discussing release;
 - there might me more people, such as, people that have been involved
   in the review process, despite not being maintainers, or... no,
   that's all that comes to my mind.

So, trim to such a set, and you'll make most of the people happy, I bet.

> There doesn't seem to be a clear rule about who should
> be replied to (or maybe there is and I've missed it? If so, could you
> please point it out?). Maybe clearing this up could help with this
> problem in the future.

I think it was pretty obvious. I guess it would not harm to add a line
making this crystal clear in the mail, but it's Wei's call to judge
whether that is really necessary.

Regards,
Dario