Re: [Xen-devel] [OSSTEST v6 13/24] distros: support PV guest install from Debian netinst media.

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [OSSTEST v6 13/24] distros: support PV guest install
from Debian netinst media."):
> On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 16:52 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Wrap damage on my screen.  I appreciate that you want to retain the
> > tabular nature, but perhaps
> >
> >     my %arch_props = (
> >     amd64 => [ "multi-arch", "amd64-i386", "/install.amd/xen" },
> >     i386  => [ "multi-arch", "amd64-i386", "/install.386/xen" },
> >     armhf => [ "armhf",      "armhf",      "/install.armhf" },
> >         )
> >     my           ( $path_arch,   $file_arch,   $iso_path ) =
> >         @{ $arch_props{$arch} };
> More Perl-fu than I could muster by myself, but looks good to me ;-)

You didn't spot the [...} then ? :-)

> > > +    my $baseurl = $cd eq "current" ?
> > > +
> > > "http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/$props->{PathArch}/jigdo-cd"
> > > :
> > > +
> > > "http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/$props->{PathArch}/jigdo-cd";
> >
> > This should surely come from a runvar (or perhaps a config option)
> > rather than being hardcoded.
>
> $cd above came from $r{"$gho->{Guest}_cd"} and takes the values either
> "current" or "weekly".
>
> I could push the logic which mas those to an actual URL into
> make-distros-flight if you would prefer? Or perhaps push the two
> prefixes (up to but not including "$props->.../jigdo-cd") into the cfg
> file? So it would become "$c{DebianCdURL_
> $cd}/$props->{PathArch}/jigdo-cd"

(We had a conversation IRL about some of this, but:)

Hardcoding something in make-flight is not as bad as hardcoding it in
the script, IMO, but:

> The latter sounds a bit preferable I think, hardcoding URLs in
> make-flight seems as wrong as hardcoding them here.

Having it in the config is best.  You might want to consider whether
the config ought to be plumbed through a runvar by make-flight, so
that it is possible to (eg) use cs-adjust-flight or whatever to do
tests of different things.