Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.2-testing test] 50412: regressions - FAIL

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.2-testing test] 50412: regressions
- FAIL"):
> On 15.04.15 at 21:09, <osstest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  test-amd64-i386-pair   21 guest-migrate/src_host/dst_host fail REGR. vs.
> > 36512
> >  test-i386-i386-pair    21 guest-migrate/src_host/dst_host fail REGR. vs.
> > 36512
>
> These have been persistent since flight 50318. While for the 1st
> one I can't immediately see what's going wrong, the 2nd and 3rd
> ones suffer from full SWIOTLBs again on at least one of the two
> hosts. Could they be told to use a larger SWIOTLB?

Hrm.  I hadn't noticed that this was a swiotlb problem.

I'm not convinced it would be correct to add an override to osstest to
specify a larger swiotlb.  These tests are not doing anything
particularly strange.

If the swiotlb is too small then surely that is a kernel tuning bug.

However, I could be persuaded to add a boot option to increase the
swiotlb size as a workaround for these specific machines if you think
it might help.  Would you care to specify a specific command line
option ?

Also, are you sure this isn't our longstanding swiotlb dma bug, that
some of the machines in the old colo also had ?