Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 kernel 3.18.10 with CONFIG_HYPERV_STORAGE and Xen 4.5.0 nested inside Hyper-V

On 29 March 2015 at 12:15, Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Mark <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/27/15 7:38 PM >>>
>Are you saying that this isn't going to work by design?

No, all I'm saying is that this case hasn't been considered so far.

>I appreciate it's unusual to have the nested virtualisation.

Nested isn't unusual. What's unusual is that you want a device
surfaced to a 2nd level guest that's being exposed by the host
hypervisor rather than the L1 guest one. Whether that's valid to
be done in a secure manner may need some thought, and
definitely will need code to be added afaict.

Jan

Hi Jan,Â

Thanks for your help. We've turned off the HYPERV options off and we can see the
disks again, we're going to run with this for now.Â

Unfortunately I've ran into another issue with the DomUs hanging early at boot
under this setup but I will open another thread for this.Â

Thanks,Â

Mark