Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 kernel 3.18.10 with CONFIG_HYPERV_STORAGE and Xen 4.5.0 nested inside Hyper-V

>>> Mark <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/27/15 7:38 PM >>>
>Are you saying that this isn't going to work by design?

No, all I'm saying is that this case hasn't been considered so far.

>I appreciate it's unusual to have the nested virtualisation.

Nested isn't unusual. What's unusual is that you want a device
surfaced to a 2nd level guest that's being exposed by the host
hypervisor rather than the L1 guest one. Whether that's valid to
be done in a secure manner may need some thought, and
definitely will need code to be added afaict.

Jan