Re: [Xen-devel] PML (Page Modification Logging) design for Xen

>>> On 24.03.15 at 09:06, <kai.huang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/24/2015 03:53 PM, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>   The command line
>> option parsing is (and should be) independent of the chosen
>> default anyway, i.e. overrides in either direction should be
>> possible.
> While the parse_ept_param function does support "ept=pml" and
> "ept=no-pml" both, I think in the comments of the function we should
> explicitly tell whether to use "ept=pml" (in case PML is off by
> default), or "ept=no-pml" (in case PML is on by default), otherwise
> "ept=pml,no-pml" is legal but obviously it doesn't make any sense (and
> looks this issue also exists in parse_iommu_param?).

While "ept=pml,no-pml" makes little sense, there's nothing wrong
with allowing it. "ept=pml ept=no-pml" may in fact make sense,
when wanting to override a setting e.g. in an EFI config file on
the command (or grub) line. IOW don't lose time on preventing
non-sense option combinations if the resulting settings
nevertheless are valid / meaningful.

Jan