Re: [Xen-devel] How to enable qemu-dm tracing in XEN

Il 09/03/2015 04:00, openlui ha scritto:
Hi:
    I want to enable qemu-dm's tracing in XEN. I have built qemu with "make debug=y tools" command, and found that during building, qemu is configured with "trace_backend=stderr" option. However, there aren't any  trace log in /var/log/qemu/qemu-dm-{domain_name}.log. I have also tried to call "trace_event_set_state_dynamic(EVENT_ID, true)" in code, but there are still no trace info output in log file.
   Could anyone give me some advice about it?  Thanks.

You need also to specify what events to trace, all enabled by default is not possible (can give qemu-dm...log of some gb in short time).
You need to add for example this line in domU's xl cfg:
device_model_args=["-trace","events=/etc/xen/qemu-trace-options"]

And for example this line in /etc/xen/qemu-trace-options for debug problem with new win-pv drivers:
xen_platform_log

You can specify other and multiple events you need to trace in /etc/xen/qemu-trace-options