Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] When to use "domain creation flag" or "HVM param"?

Hi,

On 26/02/15 11:09, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Tim, Andrew, Jan,
> it seems as if we are slowly coming to some conclusion on this thread. If
> I am mistaken, I am wondering whether it would make sense to have an IRC
> meeting with all the involved stake-holders and report back to the list.

I'm not sure where I should answer...

We have a similar problem on ARM where we have arch-specific information
(GIC version, number of interrupts) which changes between each domain.

On Xen 4.5, we took the approach to create a separate DOMCTL for passing
information. It has to be called before any VCPUs is created
(DOMCTL_set_max_vcpus) and make the code more complicate to handle
because we have to defer some domain initialization.

I took another approach for Xen 4.6 based on Jan suggestion [1]. A v3 as
been send recently [2] and we had some discussion about what is the best
approach.

I hope this will help to sort out a good approach for both ARM and x86.

Regards,

[1] http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-11/msg00522.html
[2] http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-01/msg01184.html

--