Re: [Xen-devel] How can I modify and test Xentrace

On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 10:35 -0500, D'Mita Levy wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have made a naive attempt at compiling a modified version of
> Xentrace using RELEASE-4.5.0. After executing #make tools
> successfully, I retrieved the binary found in
> the /xen/dist/install/usr/local/bin/xentrace and attempted to run that
> on Xenserver. I get the error:

Do you mean Xenserver as in www.xenserver.org or as in "a generic Xen
server"? If the former then building xentrace from RELEASE-4.5.0 may or
may not work, since you would need a version matching the xenserver
hypervisor version.

For xenserver support you should use the resources over at
www.xenserver.org (lists and forums etc).

> libxenctrl.so.4.5 cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory.

This usually means you need to (re)run ldconfig, but see above if you
are using xenserver.

If you are not using xenserver but have installed RELEASE-4.5.0 then you
should have run ldconfig as part of getting the basic system working,
and I'm not sure why rerunning again after only rebuilding xentrace
would be needed.