[Xen-devel] dprintk() and gdprintk() to be compiled out when NDEBUG

  • To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 07:50:36 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 07:50:47 +0000

All,

I'd like to propose to honor the 'd' in these functions' names (which
I understand to mean "debug") in that such functions should be
no-ops in non-debug builds. I'd then be inclined to introduce a
gprintk() automatically adding XENLOG_GUEST and the printing of
current using the %pv format. Quite likely the (mis-)use of these
two functions may then temporarily result in messages not meant
to be debugging ones to become hidden in non-debug builds. If
others agree, I'd try to make one pass through the tree to try to
identify such, but I'd like to ask others to also keep an eye on that
aspect.

Jan