Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 kernel - irq nobody cared ... the continuing saga ..

>>> On 09.02.15 at 16:18, <david.vrabel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/02/15 15:03, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>> Hi Jan / David / Konrad,
>>
>> I was just testing a 3.19 kernel on my intel machine and again
>> ran into the sporadically appearing "irq nobody cared" on the dom0 kernel.
>> This occurs now for quite some kernel versions (running xen-unstable now,
>> but it also appeared in the past with builds that are now xen-4.5).
>
> I wouldn't suspect anything Xen related here.  IRQ #18 is a shared
> line-level interrupt so other driver/device that was/is sharing than
> line is misbehaving.
>
> I'd recommend seeing if your BIOS has a option to put the disk
> controllers into AHCI mode which would allow them to use MSIs (I think).

But iirc previous instances weren't always pointing at a disk
controller, and hence dealing with that as a special case won't
make the underlying problem go away.

Sander, this looking different from previous reports of yours -
is this different (or differently configured) hardware now? In
which case knowing what other devices sit on that same IRQ
would (again) be necessary, including which of them you pass to
guests.

Jan