Re: [Xen-devel] xen4.5 dom0pvh test failed

Hello,

El 27/01/15 a les 11.35, Yuzhou (C) ha escrit:
> Hi Roger,
>
>       Thanks.
>
>       I only have the Linux kernel config (in the attachment), can not find
> any useful boot log up to now.

You need to setup a serial console in order to provide the boot log. The
following wiki page should contain all the information needed in order
to set it up:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console

>       And I also seen a problem: If I only add dom0pvh=1 (not specify
> dom0_mem), error occurs in booting xen.
>
>       I have two other questions:
>
> (1) for dom0pvh this feature, xen 4.5 have to go with linux kernel 3.18???

No, but the Xen PVH ABI is still not set in stone, so backwards/forwards
compatibility is not guaranteed. Either 3.17 or 3.18 should work fine.

> (2)for dom0pvh this feature, have you any reports about Performance
> improvements?

I don't have any performance figures yet. PVH is very experimental and
the focus right now is to make it stable and implement the missing features.

Roger.