Re: [Xen-devel] (v2) Design proposal for RMRR fix

On Tue, 2015-01-20 at 09:10 +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
> [...]

hvmloader could update the table to convert any magic entries into
standard ones, such that by the time any guest software sees it it would
look like a normal e820.

In fact it would have to do that for the version it passes on to the
guest via SeaBIOS (i.e. the thing which would become the actual e820),
maybe it's an open question what the guest would see if it chose to use
the hypercall directly.

> The main aspect being that there is no existing caller in the HVM world,
> since at least one of [gs]et is currently getting explicitly refused for
> HVM guests. And PVH is still experimental...

Indeed.