Re: [Xen-devel] [libvirt test] 33157: regressions - trouble: blocked/fail/pass/preparing/queued

On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 14:56 -0700, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> Jim Fehlig wrote:
> > Ian Campbell wrote:
> >

> >> I must confess that I thought you already did use libxlu...
> >>

> > No, not directly.  But I will be doing so now.  I should try to revert
> > all this nonsense and use libxlu before it ends up in the next libvirt
> > release.
> >

> Hmm, I don't think that is going to be possible since libxlutil.h has
> never been installed :-(.  I guess something like the below (untested)
> patch would have been necessary long ago.  Changing libvirt to use
> libxlutil would break a lot of builds where the distro's existing
> xen-devel package is missing libxlutil.h.

Whoops, yes, how embarrassing!

Acked-by: Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>

And of course it should be backported to everywhere.

Later:
On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 22:59 -0700, Jim Fehlig wrote:
[...]
> That's a bit pessimistic.  I could always add something like the
> following hack to libvirt

I'd say that if you combine that with an AC_CHECK_HEADERS([libxlutil.h])
in configure.ac and wrap the hack in #ifndef HAVE_LIBXLUTIL_H that
wouldn't be too aweful a hack.