Re: [Xen-devel] Verifying scalability limits for Xen 4.5

On Tue, 2015-01-06 at 17:07 +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can you please let me know which one are correct? I know there where changes
> to ARM, but the feature list is a little vague >1TB
>
> Host x86.Physical CPUs=4095
> Host x86.Physical RAM=16TB
> Guest x86.Virtual CPUs=512
> Guest x86.Virtual RAM=512GB
>
> @Jan, you mentioned before Xmas there were some optimisations but it wasn't
> clear to me whether the limits changed
>
> Guest ARM.Virtual CPUs=256
> Guest ARM.Virtual RAM=1TB
> Host ARM.Physical CPUs=8
> Host ARM.Physical RAM=16GB

CPUs is still 8 for both physical and virtual, I think. Not sure where
256 came from, it's (correctly) 8 on
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Release_Features.

arm64 supports 5TB of host RAM, since 4.4, I think.

For arm32 host RAM, I'm not sure, we demand map the host RAM so it
depends on sizes of static things like the frame table, stating 16GB is
probably about right.

As of 4.5 arm guests now support up to 1TB of RAM (including arm32
guests on arm64 Xen, I think). For arm32 guests on arm32 Xen you'll be
limited by host RAM though (above).