Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 Development Update (RC4) - Documentation Updates

Hi all,

in preparation for the release we need to update some wiki pages, as well as
in-tree docs

First of all, any new features for which any of you have written new wiki pages
should be marked with [[Category:Xen 4.5]]. Either do this, or reply with URLs
to pages and I will do so

Otherwise, I created boilerplate pages for various pages and tracked the status
on http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Xen_4.5

@Russell: you may want to update the XM to XL pages or create a new one and add
your video

== The following pages need to be reviewed and updated ==
* {{NotDone}} [[Linux PVH]]:
** Add PVH Dom0 information
** Review/correct the '''Things that are broken''' section
** Review/correct the '''Items that have not been tested extensively or at
all'''

* {{NotDone}} [[Xen ARM with Virtualization Extensions]]
** supported platforms need to be updated and
** all platforms that are supported in 4.5 tagged appropriately with
[[Category:Xen 4.5]]

== Lars will fix ==
* {{NotDone}} [[Xen Project 4.5 Acknowledgements]]
** Lars will do this.

* {{NotDone}} [[Xen Project 4.5 Feature List]]
** Lars will copy from the blog announcement when ready (Sarah is currently
making some final changes)

== For Konrad and others ==
* {{NotDone}} [[Xen Project Release Features]] - main 4.5 features need to be
added.

Please reply to the thread and I will add that page.
** The key changes normally are changes to scalability/memory/etc. limits -
maybe Jan(x86) and Ian(ARM) can look let me know of changes
** Also new platforms, changes to experimental features, etc.
** Probably the new scheduler should be added - is there a wiki page?
** Any other major new features that are worth highlighting? I can go through
the press release and the release note

* {{NotDone}} [[Xen Project 4.5 Release Notes]] - needs to be created
** http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_4.4_Release_Notes were pretty
lightweight
** I think we should keep it that way. We should probably mainly focus on known
issues
@Konrad: what's your view?

== Missing pages ==
* {{NotDone}} [[Xen Project 4.5 Man Pages]]
** need to clone [[Xen Project 4.4 Man Pages]] and point to the correct branch
when the 4.5 branch has been created
** if there are new documented features in in-tree docs then add them
** if there are irrelevant features such as XM, remove links to docs (probably
the docs should be removed from the git tree also)

Cheers
Lars