Re: [Xen-devel] One question about the hypercall to translate gfn to mfn.

>>> On 15.12.14 at 12:16, <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I expect to have everything mapped into the available mapping space,
> and is asking for suggestions what's the best way to find and reserve
> available PFNs in a way not conflicting with other usages (either
> virtualization features like ballooning that you mentioned, or bare
> metal features like PCI hotplug or memory hotplug).

Not conflicting with memory hotplug ought to be technically possible
(using SRAT information), but if all physical address space is marked
as possibly being used for hotplug memory this wouldn't help your
case. PCI hotplug (or even just dynamic resource re-assignment)
might be quite a bit more tricky, or would require (as you suggested
earlier) to mark certain regions as reserved in the E820 Dom0
receives. Not conflicting with ballooning is - just like memory hotplug -
simply dependent on enough space not being used for that purpose.

Jan