Re: [Xen-devel] Install Xen on ARM in a bare metal fashion on a Nexus Phone/Tablet or an ARM emulator

On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 15:44 +0530, Sagun Garg wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am new to the world of "Xen on ARM" would like to seek help from
> community on how can I install Xen on ARM on a Nexus Phone / Tablet or
> an emulator
>

> I actually wish to try and install a unikernel : LING (Erlang on Xen)
> on top of the hypervisor dual booted with Android or QNX on a mobile
> phone or a tablet.
>

> If someone can help me point to a TUTORIAL, LINK or some BLOG it will
> be awesome.

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions is the
starting point for all Xen on ARM stuff. There is a list of supported
hardware there, but note that it doesn't include Nexus phones etc,
although of course you could port it if you wanted.

Arndale is probably the most mobile-like platform there (being a dev
board for the Exynos processor used in many phones), my personal
recommendation for running Xen on ARM is a sunxi platform, e.g.
cubietruck except in your case I'm not aware of anyone having looked
into the graphics side of things, which is probably a blocker for you.

You may be interested in http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_%28PV%29,
which has been run on tablets/phones, but note that it is not developed
by anyone on this list and is mostly abandonware as far as the open
source code goes.