Re: [Xen-devel] (4.5-rc1) Problems using xl migrate

On Mon, 2014-11-24 at 14:43 +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> On 24/11/14 14:32, M A Young wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Nov 2014, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> >> Is XSM in use?  I can't think of any other reason why that hypercall
> >> would fail with EPERM.
> >
> > XSM is built in (I wanted to allow the option of people using it) but
> > I didn't think it was active.
>
> I don't believe there is any concept of "available but not active",

I think there is, the "dummy" policy which is loaded when there is no
explicit policy given should behave as if xsm were disabled. AIUI all
the XSM_* and xsm_default_action stuff is supposed to semi automatically
ensure this is the case at compile time. CC-ing Daniel to confirm/deny.

> which probably means that the default policy is missing an entry for
> this hypercall.

That said domctl is XSM_OTHER, which basically means "special one off
handling" I think. But it basically turns into XSM_DM_PRIV for a small
handful of subops and XSM_PRIV for the rest. Since this is a migration
the relevant domain is certainly PRIV I think.

Ian.