Re: [Xen-devel] testing of Xen PCIbackend support for slot and bus reset

Any progress in testing the branch?

I can see one thing that could explain if the function isn't called. The reset file is only created if it doesn't exist. I know it's unlikely for a gpu, but have you verified that your driver didn't export a "reset"-file without these patches? As far as I can tell, the drivers reset function will be used instead of pcistub_reset_pci_dev() in the presence of a "reset"-file.

/Martin

@Konrad

I'm interesting in testing your latest iteration of bus reset support. Actually I cloned your devel/xen-pciback.slot_and_bus.v2.1 branch and tested that but did not seem to reset the vga card. I did capture dmesg output which was nice and clean regarding resetting the device but don't have it handy.