Re: [Xen-devel] Security policy ambiguities - XSA-108 process post-mortem

>>> On 09.10.14 at 13:24, <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think that the security team should attempt to determine whether
> pre-disclosure deployment might give away too much information, and
> specifically say in each advisory whether early deployment is allowed
> or not, potentially with specifications about what kind of deployments
> will be allowed (if necessary).  Most of the time this will just be,
> "Rebooting servers to deploy this fix is allowed", but it leaves the
> option open to change it if necessary.

We're sometimes already struggling determining the set of
consequences a certain issue may have (see statements like
"... cannot be excluded"). I think anticipating what sufficiently
"qualified" people may be able to guess from early deployment
would end up being rather difficult.

Jan