[Xen-devel] RC slip by a week. Re: Xen 4.5 development update (September update). Feature freeze slip by two weeks.

> = Timeline =
>
> We are planning on a 9-month release cycle.  Based on that, below are
> our estimated dates:
>

> * Feature Freeze: 24th September 2014
> * First RC: 15th October
> * Release: 10th December 2014
>
> The RCs and release will of course depend on stability and bugs, and
> will therefore be fairly unpredictable.  The feature freeze may be
> slipped for especially important features which are near completion.

The schedule for the RC will slip one week. This is primary driven
by the http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-09/msg04277.html
which will require changes to the hypervisor (addition of new hypercalls).

As such to make this easier and without having a tight deadline looming
(well, it is still tight) the first RC is going to slip by one week - that
is it is now the 25th of October, thought since that is a Saturday lets make
it on the 24th (Friday).

Please bear in mind that after the first RCs only bug-fixes are to considered.

With your patches, please add the 'for-xen-4.5' in the title of the
patch to make it easier to figure out.