Re: [Xen-devel] Debian Kernel: Xen-fb-frontend as a module?

On Wed, 2014-09-24 at 11:23 +0100, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

> On ARM (and on PV on HVM x86) we want vfb to work by default if the
> xenstore keys are there.  But I don't think that it means we need to
> wait 30 secs for it at boot.  What is a reasonable amount of time to
> wait for on a slow and overcommitted system? Maybe 5 to 10 secs?

NB there are already two classes of wait. Non-essential
(xenbus_probe_frontend.c's wording) wait 30s essential wait for an
additional 270s (so 300s total).

Non-essential appears to be vfb and vkbd (but not mouse?). We could
certainly consider reducing the 30 (and increasing the 270 to
correspond).