[Xen-devel] mixture of atomic and non-atomic operations on CPU masks

All,

the inconsistency here has been puzzling me for a while, and I think
we ought to do something about it (perhaps not for 4.5 anymore,
but then right after): cpumask_(test_and_)?(set|clear)_cpu all use
the respective atomic bitops, in contrast to all other operations on
cpumask_t. A good part of the users don't require the atomicity at
all (in particular any of those acting on function scope variables).
Does anyone know of reasons why the default shouldn't be non-
atomic ops across the board, with atomic special cases being made
available for the few cases where they're actually needed?

Jan