Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen VGA Passthrough] Performance of AMD Radeon HD 6450 in Windows 7 HVM domU Poorer Than in Bare-Metal Windows 8.1 OS

Hi Teo,

It is difficult to compare scores between Win7 running in DomU and Win8.1
running on bare metal.  A more comprehensive comparison would be to compare
Win7 in DomU versus Win7 on bare metal.

I currently test with 3DMark11 version 1.0.132.0.  I will download a copy of
1.3.708 and see what kind of results I get.

I had a quick look at the scores and as you mention, there is a significant
difference.  What driver are you using for Win8.1 as I see the results showing
"Graphics driver is not approved".

It would also be useful to know which version of Xen and Linux you are using.

While I will try to help you as much as I can, we also have a user forum at
forums.amd.com where you can speak with others that may have seen the same
issues as you. This forum is also monitored by our customer support team and
they would very much like to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Kelly