Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 development update (July update)

>>> On 09.09.14 at 11:53, <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've trimmed the CC list to just xen-devel and committers/maintainers
> (mostly from the existing cc list, so not exhaustive).
>
> On Tue, 2014-09-02 at 16:45 -0400, konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> * Coding time: <=== NOW, one week left!
>>
>> * Feature Freeze: 10th September 2014
>
> I'm wondering if, with various maintainers and committers having been
> away at various points over the summer (August in particular), we should
> perhaps consider slipping the schedule a little bit.
>
> I was away a fair bit myself and I still have a fairly large pile of
> patches to wade through, many of which I consider important for 4.5[0].
> I'm not sure how other maintainers feel about their respective areas.

A certain amount of slip would likely help me too, as would if the flood
of patches (or revisions thereof) would start to decrease. I think we
need to consider taking some measures to prevent everyone wanting
to rush in their changes during the last couple of weeks before the
freeze (irrespective of how long ago a first iteration may have been
posted). I can only say that with the current situation (which I don't
think was ever that bad), and with the need for me to do things other
than patch reviewing, I'm not going to feel bad at all if some or all of
those series miss 4.5 even if that's only because I didn't get to look at
the n-th iteration thereof.

Jan