Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 development update (July update)

I've trimmed the CC list to just xen-devel and committers/maintainers
(mostly from the existing cc list, so not exhaustive).

On Tue, 2014-09-02 at 16:45 -0400, konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> * Coding time: <=== NOW, one week left!
>
> * Feature Freeze: 10th September 2014

I'm wondering if, with various maintainers and committers having been
away at various points over the summer (August in particular), we should
perhaps consider slipping the schedule a little bit.

I was away a fair bit myself and I still have a fairly large pile of
patches to wade through, many of which I consider important for 4.5[0].
I'm not sure how other maintainers feel about their respective areas.

One problem with a slip is that I'm also away (conference) next week, so
slipping by a week doesn't really help me all that much and slipping by
more may be unpalatable to some.

> * First RC: 10th October
> * Release: 10th December 2014
>
> The RCs and release will of course depend on stability and bugs, and
> will therefore be fairly unpredictable.  The feature freeze may be
> slipped for especially important features which are near completion.
>
> If you think your patchset MUST go in Xen 4.5 I will post the procedure
> for requesting an exception to get them in past the feature freeze next
> week.

Ian.

[0] toolstack side: Wei's state preservation stuff, er, I'm sure there's
more...
ARM side: GICv3 support, Stefano's 1:1, Julien's passthrough stuff, the
second half of Ariana's iomem stuff, the EFI stub stuff, perhaps the
xenaccess stuff. And that's ignoring my own outstanding serieses