Re: [Xen-devel] Running android on Dom U. on ARM Cubieboard2.

On Wed, 2014-08-20 at 17:00 +0200, anshul makkar wrote:

Please can you not top post, it makes threads rather hard to follow.

[...]
> > But if Dom0 has to be Android, the toolstack needs to be built
> > for/within Android's userspace, which I don't think is something that
> > has been done before.
> >
> > Actually, this is something I always wanted to try, but never got the
> > time to do so. Ian seems (from this message [1]) to at least have
> > glanced at it also, but probably nothing more than that (Ian?).

I poked at it a bit, but ultimately building C code as part of AOSP
(e.g.to build the Xen tools and their deps) seems to be a massive pain
in the ars^wneck. You effectively need a complete parallel Android.mk
build system.

I messed around for a bit getting libfdt and yajl to build in that
context based on some github repos I found, but that was all, I never
managed to figure out how to even start building something more complex
like the Xen tools without rewriting the build system (there was some
other roadblock tool, but I can't remember what it was)

FWIW my "Android.txt" from my scratch dir is below, no warranty etc. I
expect it is mostly useless as a starting point.

Obviously I'd love it if someone else could figure this stuff out ;-)

Ian.
----

http://gerdmestdagh.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/android-native-library-howto/
https://thenewcircle.com/s/post/1044/remixing_android

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5856383/how-do-i-compile-simple-native-code-using-android-mk
AOSP
https://source.android.com/

curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > bin/repo
export PATH=$(pwd)/bin:$PATH
mkdir working
cd working
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest
repo sync

export USE_CCACHE=1
export EXPERIMENTAL_USE_JAVA7=y
export PS1="[aosp] $PS1"

lunch aosp_arm-eng
nice make -j4 EXPERIMENTAL_USE_JAVA7=y

NEW LIBRARIES:
libfdt
------
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/dtc/dtc.git external/dtc
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/mkqcdtbootimg/blob/master/libfdt/Android.mk

Android.mk is included automatically by the build system.
LOCAL_PATH:= $(call my-dir)

include $(CLEAR_VARS)
LOCAL_SRC_FILES := \
        libfdt/fdt.c \
        libfdt/fdt_ro.c \
        libfdt/fdt_wip.c \
        libfdt/fdt_sw.c \
        libfdt/fdt_rw.c \
        libfdt/fdt_strerror.c \
        libfdt/fdt_empty_tree.c
LOCAL_C_INCLUDES := $(LOCAL_PATH)/libfdt
LOCAL_COPY_HEADERS := libfdt/fdt.h libfdt/libfdt.h libfdt/libfdt_env.h
LOCAL_MODULE := libfdt

include $(BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARY)

List libfdt in build/target/product/runtime_common.mk

libyajl
-------
http://lloyd.github.io/yajl/
https://github.com/stubma/WiEngine/blob/master/jni/yajl/Android.mk

git clone git://github.com/lloyd/yajl external/yajl

NDK
https://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html

wget http://dl.google.com/android/ndk/android-ndk-r9d-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
tar xaf android-ndk-r9d-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2