Re: [Xen-devel] virtualization Android OS + XEN.

Hello,

On 08/07/2014 10:44 AM, anshul makkar wrote:
> Thanks Leonardo and Stefano.
>
> The information you shared is really helpful to get me started and get
> basic understanding of where Xen stands in its support for ARM.
>
> Below is my understanding, request your help to correct me if I am wrong.
>
> 1) XEN support for the ARM processor where hardware virtualization is
> not supported is not there.
>
> 2) Presently XEN port has been tested  on the following cards.
>
>   * The Cortex A15 Real-time System Model's provided by ARM
>   * A Cortex-A15 Processor running on the Versatile Express
>   * The Arndale board
>   * The Calxeda ECX-2000 (aka Midway) server
>   * Allwinner A20/A31 boards

Porting Xen to a new board it's only a matter of a hundred lines if your
platform support virtualization.

> I have Odroid Cortex A9 board, which doesn't have hardware
> virtualization. So for sure XEN can't be ported on that.
>
> Any idea or test results for Cortex A15 board (ODroidXU3 ) provided by
> ODroid. Whether this board is supported or not ?

There is some on-going work to upstream support for ODroid XU.

You can give a look here:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-07/msg03363.html

> Please can you share some other board models that are cheap and
> supported by XEN ARM. What I have found on net is that all boards having
> Cortex A15 and hardware virtualization support, so that they are
> compatible with XEN, are quite expensive.

The Cubietruck is supported by Xen. IIRC, the price is less 100$.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall