Re: [Xen-devel] Xen OMAP5 Support

On Apr 21, 2014, at 5:08 AM, Chen Baozi <baozich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Giancarlo,
>
> On Apr 21, 2014, at 2:10, Giancarlo Canales <gcanalesb@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Chen Baozi,
>>
>> I’m looking forward to tinkering around with Xen on an OMAP5 board, the
>> OMAP5432 EVM, but I can’t find any documentation or information about the
>> current status of this port. I discovered your threads in the mailing list,
>> and thought that maybe you could help me out.
>
> The port of Xen hypervisor on OMAP5 is already uptreamed. You should be able
> to build it directly from the git repo. The only problem is that the omap
> kernel has its only data structure for device description. Thus, you need to
> disable the corresponding UART port that has been used by Xen serial in the
> kernel tree (only disable it in FDT is not enough).
>
> Regards,
>
> Baozi
Hi Chen,

would you mind if I refresh the wiki with other information that could help to
setup the boot process for the uEvm? I'm making some order in my notes and I
would like to share them (e.g., adding CONFIG_ARCH_VIRT for the domU, how to
boot domU, the userspace, how to setup u-boot specific for the board, etc).

By the way, another question: did you experience any failure of the FTDI chip
on the uEvm? Mine is completely dead and the plug shows evidence of oxidation.

Best regards,
-Francesco