Re: [Xen-devel] [Spice-devel] screen freezed for 2-3 minutes on spice connect on xen windows 7 domU's with qxl after save/restore

Il 08/07/2014 10:53, David JaÅa ha scritto:
Hi,

On Ãt, 2014-07-08 at 10:13 +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
On xen 4.5 (tried with qemu 2.0.0/2.1-rc0, spice 0.12.5 and client with
spice-gtk 0.23/0.25) windows 7 domUs with qxl vga works good as kvm
except for one problem after xl save/restore, when after restore on
spice client connect  the domU's screen freezed for 2-3 minutes (and
seems also windows), after this time seems that all return to works
correctly.
This problem happen also if spice client connect long time after restore.
With stdvga not have this problem but stdvga has many missed resolutions
and bad refresh performance.

If you need more tests/informations tell me and I'll post them.
Client and server logs would certainly help. Please run:
   * virt-viewer with --spice-debug option
   * spice-server with SPICE_DEBUG_LEVEL environment variable set
     to 4 or 5 (if you use qemu+libvirt, use qemu:env element:
     http://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html#qemucommand )
and note the location in the logs where the freeze takes place.

Regards,

David

Thanks for your reply, in attachments:
- domU's xl cfg: W7.cfg
- xl -vvv create/save/restore: xen logs.txt
- remote-viewer with --spice-debug after domU's start until xl save: spicelog-1.txt (zipped)
- remote-viewer with --spice-debug after domU's xl restore: spicelog-2.txt

If you need more tests/informations tell me and I'll post them.

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.