Re: [Xen-devel] [Spice-devel] screen freezed for 2-3 minutes on spice connect on xen windows 7 domU's with qxl after save/restore

Hi,

On Ãt, 2014-07-08 at 10:13 +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> On xen 4.5 (tried with qemu 2.0.0/2.1-rc0, spice 0.12.5 and client with
> spice-gtk 0.23/0.25) windows 7 domUs with qxl vga works good as kvm
> except for one problem after xl save/restore, when after restore on
> spice client connect  the domU's screen freezed for 2-3 minutes (and
> seems also windows), after this time seems that all return to works
> correctly.
> This problem happen also if spice client connect long time after restore.
> With stdvga not have this problem but stdvga has many missed resolutions
> and bad refresh performance.
>
> If you need more tests/informations tell me and I'll post them.

Client and server logs would certainly help. Please run:
  * virt-viewer with --spice-debug option
  * spice-server with SPICE_DEBUG_LEVEL environment variable set
    to 4 or 5 (if you use qemu+libvirt, use qemu:env element:
    http://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html#qemucommand )
and note the location in the logs where the freeze takes place.

Regards,

David