Re: [Xen-devel] Bisected Xen-unstable: "Segment register inaccessible for d1v0" when starting HVM guest on intel

>>> On 04.07.14 at 10:54, <feng.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BTW, there is another question. I grep
> 'VCPUOP_register_vcpu_time_memory_area'
> in the latest branch of Linux kernel code, but I find nothing about it. Do
> you know how
> it is used by guests? Or this hypercall is being provided by Xen, but Linux
> hasn't used it yet?

Iirc there had been a use of it a long time ago (around Xen 4.0) in
experimental patches (or maybe in Jeremy's tree), but the Xen side
implementation was buggy and didn't get fixed until 4.3. And the
user mode pv-clock implementation for pv-ops Xen is still undone.

Jan