Re: [Xen-devel] failed to boot into kernel during osstest standalone mode

On Tue, 2014-07-01 at 10:44 +0000, Pang, LongtaoX wrote:
> Hi Wei,
>
> Have a nice day!
> Currently, I am confused about below problem When I doing OSSTest.
>
> Create a global config file in ~/.xen-osstest/config[refer to config.log for
> detail].
> In osstest.git directory, execute command "./standalone-reset", then
> execute the command "./sg-run-job build-amd64", power off / power on
> test host machine manually according to the prompted on Controller
> machine, then the test host machine will boot from PXE server which I
> have setup on Controller machine, but hangs at "booting the kernel"
> screen[refer to hangs.jpg].
> On controller side, it prompted "connection refused": [refer to
> build-amd64.log for detail]

Are you sure that it isn't just installing and logging by default to the
serial? For my machine h09 I use
        HostProp_h09_NoSerial 1
To cause it to use VGA instead.

The connection refused is probably just because the install is in
progress. osstest will keep polling until either succeeds (because the
install is complete) or times out.

Looking at your config it seems unlikely that these two are correct:
        DnsDomain uk.xensource.com
        HostProp_DhcpWatchMethod leases dhcp3 dhcp.uk.xensource.com:5556

> I have setup PXE, tftp, http, dhcp service on Controller machine and the
> function is fine. Also, after I execute command "./standalone-reset", the
> Debian Installer files(version: wheezy) could be fetched from mirrors server
> and the standalone.db could be created successfully.
> root@OSSTEST:/tftpboot/root/osstest/debian-installer/amd64# ls
> 2014-07-01-wheezy/
> initrd.gz  initrd.gz-xen  linux  vmlinuz-xen
>
> So, do you think what the problem might be and give some suggest?
> Well, what's the function of "192.168.199.68_preseed" file during
> OSSTest which is generated automatically? I think it's NOT necessary
> for PXE remote installed OS for test host machine, right?

I don't understand what you are asking here, but in general osstest
prefers to reinstall all machines into a pristine and controlled state,
hence it generates a preseed file to use for that.