Re: [Xen-devel] Support upper case identifier in vm.cfg for xl?

On Mon, 2014-06-16 at 09:17 -0400, Zhigang Wang wrote:
> On 06/16/2014 05:18 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Fri, 2014-06-13 at 16:11 -0400, Zhigang Wang wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> It seems we only support `[a-z][._0-9a-z]*` as identifiers in vm.cfg for xl
> >> and upper case letter is not supported. This is different from xm.
> >>
> >> An use case is: management tools may put arbitrary key/value pairs into
> >> vm.cfg.
> >> Current xl has limited support of this feature: xl will ignore unknown
> >> options.
> >>
> >> I wonder whether we can make xl support uppercase letters?
> >
> > I think maybe you mean "make the libxlu cfg file parser support
> > uppercase letters", because you are reusing that library in your
> > management tool perhaps?
>
> Yes. That's what I want.
>
> We are planning to use both xl command line and the libxl library.

OK. Just to be pedantic the xl cfg parser is part of the libxlu utility
library, which is neither libxl nor xl. libxlu is essentially xl stuff
which might be useful to other toolstack but which isn't formally part
of libxl. (e.g. disk parsing is in there because we knew libvirt would
also want to parse xm style disk configuration strings)