Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable: Xen panic when shutting down HVM guest with PCI passthrough: RIP: e008:[<ffff82d0801099b1>] evtchn_move_pirqs+0x90/0xbf

>>> On 06.06.14 at 11:44, <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK did some more testing:
>
> Nope i didn't see it before .. but I can't seem to trigger it again ..
> so the patch seems to be OK.

Good.

> ( Oh and when being stubborn and trying to restart the guest with
> passthrough after this message
>   causes a complete machine freeze (without any stacktrace on serial console
>   (without sync_console though)
> )

That's concerning, but would require to be reproducible in order to
investigate.

>> Is the passed through device also sitting on IRQ 16 (the one getting
>> disabled)? In which case the question would be whether the passed
>> through device gets properly shut down when the guest terminates.
>
> Under the assumption that the devices get the same irq after reboot (which
> seems
> to be the case) ..
> it wasn't .. it was the onboard soundcontroller which was still assigned to
> dom0 (and not in active use).
>
> 00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia
> (Intel HDA) (rev 40)
>         Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Device 7640
>         Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
>         Memory at fddf8000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>         Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
>         Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel

That the in-Dom0 device was a sound controller was clear from the
kernel messages. The question was what IRQ(s) the passed through
device is using.

> Will keep an eye on it .. and try to use the debug keys to dump irq states
> etc from serial console when i spot it again.

Thanks.

Jan